Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Last week was a busy one for me so I didn't get to do as much blogging or reading as I had hoped. It was my nieces last week visiting us from Michigan (they were here for over 4 weeks). As usual, the last week is the week where we try to squeeze in everything we forgot to do the first three weeks. It started on Monday with pictures:

A friend of mine is a photographer so I asked her to take some photos of the kids as a gift for my parents (the grandparents) and the kids' parents. I told her I wanted "outdoor casual" so we met up at the Manassas Battlefields. This is one I took with my iphone while she was working with the girls. I can't wait to see how the professional pictures turn out! Of course I had to bribe the kids with ice cream afterwards in return for good behavior during the shoot.
Of course after ice cream the five of us had to squeeze into a too-small car for a 40 minute drive home... And let's just say I had nothing left to bribe them with.


Tuesday I had training with my new teammates in the morning and the afternoon was stuffed with all the doctor's appointments I've been putting off all year. Fun.


Wednesday was another crazy day. The girls were over due for their first communion so they took private lessons with our pastor and the family met at the church for a little private ceremony. My gift to the girls was their dresses. Of course 5 minutes before we had to leave for the church Alex discovered she was missing one of her dress shoes and had to go in flip flops instead. Sigh.
 Alex

 Olivia

Great-Grandmother, Grandmother, the girls, and Aunt (Me)

Then Friday was the girls last day :(. We managed to find the missing dress shoe but they also forgot a million things that will have to be shipped. After they left, I took Connor to see Turbo (cute!). After the movie he said "It was great but I still miss Alex and Olivia..." Amazing how he instantly forgot how crazy they made him for the past month.

I feel guilty but I'm looking forward to one week without these guys to get some R and R before I have to manage a new pack of deuces. My dad came over today to help me stain the bookcases he made, I FINALLY used my Silhouette Cameo for the first time ever (I bought it over a year ago), and I've been re-reading one of my favorite books just for fun. This weekend I'll be away visiting some cousins then it's back to school mania. Including moving all this into my new room...
I also have a two-car garage full of boxes and bins to move and I swore I took a picture but it is now missing. So you will just have to use your imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment