Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

What a Week!

Well, if I do say so myself.... What a freakin' week!

Blog Hoppin' Teacher Week posts. CHECK
Earthquake. CHECK
Hurricane. CHECK
Welcome letters sent. CHECK
Laminated EVERY piece of paper in my room. CHECK
Whole-body aches. CHECK
Broken all 10 of the nails I spent all summer growing. CHECK
Complete LOSS of my mind. CHECK

I am SPENT and I don't even have kids to worry about yet! Thankfully my room is pretty much complete save for bulletin boards. Monday starts the week teachers must report back to school and I always have a mini-heart attack when I see our required meetings for the week. I seriously cannot fathom how some teachers are able to only come in during teacher week and get everything set up when we have all this STUFF to do! Hats off if you are one of those peeps cause I've been working on it for 3 weeks and its still not done. And I am extremely efficient too (or so I've been told).

I must say, thank goodness for Blog Hoppin' Teacher Week because I got so many drops in my metaphorical bucket I was always feelin' good! Thank you to all of you who commented or became new followers this past week because you seriously have validated my nonsense ramblings! At one point I was afraid that I was the only one who thought I was funny (that happens to me ALOT).... Please know that my mental health has grown exponentially upon discovering teacher blog land and I can't imagine a day without my internet teacher friends and the support and laughter they give to me! THANK YOU!

And just in case you haven't laughed yet today, here is a picture of me dressed up as my favorite book character, Elmer the Elephant!

3 comments:

  1. I love the costume! Did you make it yourself?? And I agree, I cannot imagine getting my classroom ready just during those few days of meetings! I figure my room will continue to be a work in progress- the kids will be happy and able to learn even if I don't put up the super cute bulletin board or have my library completely labeled and organized! I'm sure your students will love your room too! Enjoy your Sunday!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome costume......seriously cool. Hang in there! I don't start til after Labor Day and have already started having trouble sleeping and mini-panic attacks. We should not worry though. Doesn't it always work out? We will be fine, even through Mother Nature's wrath.

    Lori
    http://bee-the-change.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I made it myself. I got the blue track suit at Walmart and then sewed on the multi-color squares. The ears are attached to a headband and the trunk hangs from my ears. Maybe I will wear this to our staff meeting tomorrow....:)

    ReplyDelete