Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm still kicking!

It's been awhile but don't worry, I'm still here! I've been implementing some of the Whole Brain Teaching methods in my room this year and I'm really impressed with the results. I don't know why. but it works. We still can't get the Teach OK clapping thing down so I think I'm going to pass on that one in favor of the good ol' standby "turn to your neighbor and..." Last Friday was our first "off" day as a class. I wouldn't even call it a bad day. Compared to last year, our off day would have been considered a good day then. I'm still anxious about it all though. For a self-proclaimed optimist I sure do tend to worry that the bottom is going to fall out at any minute.... guess I need to redefine "optimism."

We haven't been doing much of interest. Mainly because my beloved Promethean board is BROKEN and has been that way for over a week. BOO. Actually the board is fine. It is the projector that is broken. I've been dominating the poster making machine as a result of this unfortunate turn of events. Do you have one of these gizmos? They are awesome. Just run your master through the slot and out comes a poster size version ready to go.

I did get our Illustration Unit underway last week and introduced my kids to the Piggie and Gerald books. Which was a great opportunity to use tons of great stuff from this wonderful product from Andrea Knight. It was well worth the $7.00 I paid for it and now it's listed for $6.00 so go get it while it's hot!

I also decided to shamelessly copy this amazing idea found on Pinterest:
source
And here's what mine looks like:

Aren't they cute? So many police officers...

4 comments:

  1. What did you use to publish this??? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! What program did you use to create the picture grid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Would you be so kind to share the creation process of this project?
    Thanks so much,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you use to make this photo collage?

    ReplyDelete