Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Here's your dose of cute for the week...

Most teachers have pet names for their kids. One teacher at my school calls her kids "lil' muffin' toppers."  I usually call mine little flamingos, ducklings, munchies (short for munchkins) or even dudes and dudettes. Last week I was picking up my kids from the computer lab and I said, "OK ducklings, let's waddle on back to the pond." Every kid proceeded to waddle down the hall back to our classroom. Even the ones who think they are WAY to cool for that kind of thing. Most of them looked more like penguins than ducklings but it was quite a sight! They must have been in rare form because I say that all the time and they have never actually waddled down the hallway. Other teachers in the building were clearly confused by our display of duck-ness, but at least they were quiet in the hall for a change! Wish I'd had my camera on me...

1 comment: