Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Stuff, stuff, and more stuff!

My house is crawling with STUFF and it is driving me a tiny bit INSANE right now. Do you all have the same problem??? Let me show you what I'm dealing with at the moment:

Here's the majority of the STUFF.


Still working on my Teacher Toolbox. I think I'm going to use the numbered drawers for students to store their ipod earbuds or something.

More STUFF.


My upcycled PALS boxes and JUNK.


I can't wait to get into my classroom if for no other reason than to get this STUFF out of my house. Not that I'm going to have room for it in my room either but I'll deal with that later. I've been telling myself that it's OK to buy all this stuff this summer since most of my things are 5 years old and need replacing. Ugh.

Plus for some reason I decided that mid-August was a good time to start a total kitchen remodel. The guys were at the house taking measurements today and couldn't believe I bought all this stuff for my classroom. Both having school-aged children, I could see it click in their heads that their children's teachers probably had similar piles sitting in their dining, living, and TV rooms. Maybe they will be a little more generous this year to their teachers. You're welcome whoever you are.

Oh and I also bought these. But they only take up space on my feet. This is another back to school tradition of mine--new slippers for the new year!



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has piles of stuff all over the house, just waiting until I can take it to my classroom! I love your slippers! That's a great way to celebrate the new school year!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those slippers look so comfy!! I couldn't wait to get my school stuff out of the house either. I think "moving day" was the happiest day of my summer! It was nice to see my home office again once all my school stuff was gone. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I have 2 piles of folders, a cd player, various Target bags, and just a hodge podge of other junk for school sitting in my dining room. Also in my dining room? Piles of stuff waiting to be put back in my bedroom because it takes me a week to paint a room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is what my library room looks like but not quite as organized! Love the 12 packs of soda ready to go!

    Lori @
    Bee-the-change.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete