Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher Monday

About Me...
I'm your average flamingo-obsessed second grade teacher. I've got akward down to a science and am constantly running into things. My equilibrium must be out of whack. My father is the same way so it must run in the family. Speaking of father, my parents are in China right now and I am extremely jealous. Ancient China is on my social studies curriculum. I sent them with a list of mandatory items they must buy and pictures to take!

Teaching History...
I have been teaching 2nd grade for 4 years, and going on my 5th year. Eventually I would like to try another grade level, but second grade is dabomb.com for me. This year I'm taking on team lead and a little nervous about it but I think it will definitely be interesting!

What you Might not Know...
I decided I wanted to be a teacher when I was in 9th grade. My church did a Saturday program for needy kids in our area who needed help at school. The teens volunteered to help tutor (and most importantly, LOVE) these children. Every Saturday, drivers would go house-to-house to pick up the children and bring them to our building where we fed them breakfast, did a Morning meeting, and broke off into pairs or groups for reading, writing, and social practice. I volunteered for that program all 4 years of high school and it is how I discovered my love for teaching young children. Most of all, it is where I learned that the best teachers teach from a place of love. After all, who needs love more than your troublemakers?

Want to join the party? Link up at Blog Hoppin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment