Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Open House Letter

Hi friends! Not to worry... the pillows were successfully recovered and the bunny slippers put through the washer. All is well again. Anyhoooooo. I just wanted to share the letter I send to my kids and families when I get my list. Each year the letter has evolved and become more child friendly. A couple years ago, I decided to add a picture of myself so the kids could recognize/remember me at Open House, especially if they've seen me at school but didn't know my name. The picture made a BIG difference. The shy kids seemed less nervous at Open House, and since I had already shared some information about myself, they were more willing to open up to me. The parents also appreciated being able to put a face (one they see so often at PTO events) to the name on their child's list. So here it is!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I just sent out my letter last week. I wish I had seen your letter first! Adding the cat info and your photo is GENIUS!!!!!! I will follow your example next year!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete