Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Random Thoughts

Guess what?!? I got rid of another table! (I know y'all love my table drama) So now I only have one rectangle table with no legs to pawn off on someone available for a good home. I'm sure this is a craze other places as well but I haven't noticed on my blog stalking any other tables without legs yet... Many teachers at my school, mainly primary grades, remove the adjustable legs from tables and even desks to make center tables at the perfect height for sitting on the floor. But they usually store the legs in the closet or a cabinet. These table legs are 100% MIA. Personally, I don't love it or hate it. What do you think? My plan this year is to lower the legs and use the ever-so-popular crate seats at my listening center. This year our principal has declared war on carpets and says that no additional carpets not bought with school money are allowed in the building. The only way I would have my kids sitting on the floor at one of those tables would be with a carpet to define the area. School is home to so many of our kids that I hate to see it become so sterile.

     Also in room news, I completed my library area, hung a few posters, and started making my new job chart I am super excited about. I totally blog-lifted it from Second Grade is Splendid. To be fair, I did warn her in the comments that I was obsessed with her job chart. I giggled like crazy every time I had to cut off one of the clipart people's heads. I'll post a picture once I get it completed.

     Ugh. and on another SUPER random note, I just noticed that it just decided to rain sideways in a sudden downpour and all of my cute new porch swing cushions are getting blown into the street. Excuse me, I need to go run in the rain down my street in my bunny slippers, hair rollers and housecoat to collect my wayward pillows!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the thought of you running helter skelter down the street in a housecoat and bunny slippers in a downpour to retrieve your pillows is hilarious! Sorry! ;) I can't wait to see your version of that fabulous job chart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun blog to read! Thank you for sharing your random thoughts! They brought a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete