1. I woke up with PINK EYE! I've only had pink eye once before, and to be honest I thought I was in the clear for stuff like that since I am not with the germ factories all day anymore. Thankfully it is a mild case and it seems to be clearing up well with the over-the-counter stuff. But it still sucks BIG TIME.
2. West Virginia roads made me car sick. They always have. My dad is from West Virginia so anytime we went to visit my grandmother I would get car sick. Without fail. I guess I forgot about this but it was not a happy time for me in the backseat of our car with the little nieces screaming about wanting ice cream and are we there yet?.
3. We finally arrive in Harper's Ferry for what I thought would be a nice liesurely stroll through the town and shops but OH NO, my mom wants to climb to the top of a mountain. And I'm wearing flip flops. And it's well over 100 degrees. Ick. Now I'm just whining, I know. But who wants to hike straight up a rock in flip flops while they are nauseated and experiencing the fire of Hades in their eyes? Not me.
4. After lunch, we went tubing on the Shenandoah. This was the one pleasant thing we did that day. I was perfectly happy to lay back and relax in the sun and water. BUT the river was low and moving very slowly, so of course I ended up with sunburn on my legs.
5. Back in the car, the girls have demanded ice cream so we are traveling up and down those stupid West Virginia roads when I discover that apparently pink eye + car sickness + sunburn = MIGRAINE.
6. We stop for ice cream and I can't stomach the thought of eating anything at the moment. I wanted ice cream too.... BOO.
7. Finally my dad offered to let me drive, which helped a lot. By the time we made it home 2 hours later I was starving and bitter about missing out on ice cream so I convinced everyone to stop for dinner at my ultimate FAVORITE restaurant, Bella Vita. I don't think it is a chain, but I can't be sure. Now I am finally feeling better and looking forward to a shower and major chill time but...
8. I get back to my house only to find that the AC is BROKEN. Perfection. I had to sleep on the uncomfortable basement couch with a bar in my back with the fan blowing directly on my face because it was the only bearable place to be.
24 hours later, the AC is fixed and working hard to bring the house temp down from 94 degrees to my preferred 75 degrees. It's at 85 now so I figure about 2 more hours and I'll be good to go. I had planned on getting a lot of housework done today but I seized the opportunity to hit up Target and the nail salon while I waited for the AC man to come to my rescue. I am convinced the universe will do anything to keep me from doing my chores. I finally caved and bought some baskets at Target for my library, although I am already unhappy with them. I am forcing myself to wait and see them with books and on the shelves before returning them. I know many other bloggers are happy with the same baskets but they don''t meet my size specifications so we will just have to wait and see. Thank you for indulging my little rant. Now that the temperature is falling and my brain is returning to a state of rationality I can say that it wasn't the worst day of my life. Not really. But it sure felt like the universe was pulling one over on me. Rule of threes right? Pinkeye, sunburn, broken AC? That should just about cover me don't you think?