Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My teacher always says...

Here's a great linky party idea from Forever in First...
We all have those things we say so often that our students can finish our sentences. Here are a few of mine:

Fill in the blank. I use this as my Golden Rule mantra. Basically treat our classroom and the things in it as you would want someone to treat your personal belongings. The other day I actually had to say, "Do I got to your house and put my boogers on the chairs? Get a tissue."


No brainer right? Kids need a warning when time is about to be up or a transition is on the way. I don't know why I always go with two minutes but I've had students come up to me and ask, "are we at the two minute mark yet?" or "can we be done in two minutes please?" and when they thought I wasn't listening, "she said two minutes like ten minutes ago!" I am probably screwing with my kids' concept of time.

For when there are no words. I don't use this to embarrass someone or shout it out for all to hear, but usually when someone has fallen prey to temporary insanity and needs a reality check. It usually ends with both me and the student giggling about what happened.


Go link up with Forever in First! I can't wait to see and steal some new sayings!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha...too funny! I say the "really???" one so often, too! I may have to borrow your first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only "Really!?!?!?!" but I say "Seriously!??!?!?!?" ugh! The things 4th graders do!! Tomorrow is our last day! TG!!

    :)
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for linking up. I'm enjoying listening in on the things that teachers say over and over. I totally get what you mean by messing up your kids' sense of time. I've probably done the same. :) Thanks again!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete