Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

The 'Abe Parade'...

I don't know what came over me. I did something messy. That involved paint. GASP!

Black paint no less.

As you know, we have been studying Abe Lincoln this week. Normally I wouldn't spend a whole week on Abe. The kids know him pretty well already, but with only 6.5 more days left of school I figured why not?

So we made beards and stovepipe hats, practiced being politicians (you know, shaking hands and kissing babies and all that), and went on a little parade through the halls. Thankfully all our standardized tests are finished so the school-wide ban on hallway shenanigans has been lifted.

With dignity, of course

I even had one student bring his black suit to school so he could look official. It looked Ah-MAZ-ing paired with his beard, hat, and Converse sneakers!


We basically just suited up and wandered the halls looking for unsuspecting victims. I popped into various classrooms, said something to the effect of "Do you have 3 minutes available for some tom-foolery?", encouraged my Lil' Linc'ns to tell a buddy something about themselves (in character of course), and then ushered them back out the door and on to the next room (or nurse's office, or cafeteria, or whatever).


 
Invading the Meekster's room

"Good day Madam"

Attacking  Addressing staff in the front office

"In my day we did our learning with pencil and paper..."
We paraded around with our campaign sign...
A quote we found while doing RAN research.

In the front lobby.

When we were on our way back to the classroom, the class spontaneously decided to recite the Pledge of Allegiance

repeatedly

and LOUDLY.

I guess they just wanted to make sure the classrooms we missed got a passing glimpse of the Abe Parade!


No comments:

Post a Comment