Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's official

My back to school anxiety kicked off last night with the first of what I'm sure will be many school nightmares. You know the kind. You'd have to be a robot not to be worried about something enough to let it creep into your unconsciousness.  And I don't need Sigmund Freud to tell me what they mean either. Aside from the first dream where half my class mysteriously went missing right at dismissal time, my dreams tend to focus on the theme of being unprepared. I get ready to call everyone over to the carpet only to find a big blank spot where the rug used to be and no rug in sight. I go to teach a math lesson and all my math materials have vanished. I welcome kids into my room expecting a great day and realize I have nothing planned for them. Chaos ensues. Also, no one follows any directions in my dreams, either carefully modeled or barked. Then, because I suck so much at my job, the school sends in 15 people with clipboards to tut-tut at me as I loose all control of a class of at least 50 children. Like I said, I don't need a psychiatrist to tell me what it means.... It means I won't get a good night's sleep until October.

5 comments:

  1. Haha! Love it! My dreams aren't that detailed... I usually just have a boxed up classroom when open house starts!
    I love your blog!
    Gretchen@ sweetsweetsecondgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nightmares like that too! Mine usually involve huge mean 8th graders in my second grade classroom. Some listen, most don't, and none of them do any work.
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love bad school dreams. Mine usually involve total loss of control, children won't listen, and there's some kind of important adult in the room watching the whole thing. I actually had my first official school dream of the season last night, and the children were perfect. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one recently like yours with about 50 kids and their parents. The parents were trying to take over and I'm like-"I'm the teacher!! Listen to me not them!!" C-razy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy does that sound familiar. I don't remember the details but I had 200 students in my class in my dream. Need I say anymore? I guess I need to start working on school stuff too. Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete